In Celebration of the Life of Pat Hanks
Our condolences to the family and friends of Patricia Robinson Hanks who passed from this life on February 3, 2024. Several of you may have known her as an active member of St. Paul’s who served on the Altar Guild for many years. For those who wish to attend, there will be a brief service in celebration of her life at the Rose Hill Cemetery located at 1461 E. Admiral Place, Tulsa. The service will take place graveside at 11:00 am on Friday, February 9.
Even Greater Things
Last week (2/04), our Gospel lesson taught about the important role that prayer and quiet time played in the life of Jesus as greater things continued to unfold for him and his disciples in their ministries.
This Sunday (2/11), join us at 9:30 a.m. as, with a few select disciples, we see Jesus transfigured.
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
Lent is just around the corner! As such, you are invited to join us this Tuesday, February 13 at 6:30pm as we indulge in one last big splurge! The Men’s Group will be cooking for us, and they have invited the entire community; so, bring your family, friends, and neighbors, and we’ll ‘let the good times roll’ with pancakes!
Let Your Hospitality Continue to Shine!
Last Sunday, we opened our space and our arms to our friends from FCC Claremore; and their gratitude for our hospitality was overwhelming – what a joy! For the next several weeks, until they are able to repair the damage that flooding has done to their own building, they will continue to utilize our sanctuary for their worship services on Sunday mornings @ 11:00 a.m.
This does not change our normal schedule. We will still meet at 9:30 a.m. for Holy Eucharist followed by Coffee Hour in the Parish Hall. It does, however, give us continued opportunity to extend hospitality to our friends in need!
Our annual meeting and luncheon will take place on Sunday, February 18, after our morning worship service. This year, please be in prayerful consideration, as we will be accepting nominations for the position of Junior Warden on the Bishop’s Committee. If you know of an individual who you feel would like to fill this position, or if you personally are interested, please let us know. Nominations and voting will take place during the meeting.
In our Sunday formation class last week (2/04), we discussed chapters 31-38 of Genesis, and our study of this Old Testament book concludes this week (2/11), the last Sunday after the Epiphany.
Beginning the first Sunday of Lent (2/18), we will turn our attention to the book Ladder to the Light by Steven Charleston, a Native American, former Episcopal Bishop of Alaska, and current resident of Oklahoma.
All are welcome to join us each Sunday at 8:30 a.m. as we discuss this indigenous elder’s meditations on hope and courage.
Let Us Pray
- For our Bishop’s Committee and congregation as we transition to new leadership, explore our dreams, and discern and chat about what God is doing and where God is leading us
- For Miss Lillian as she recovers from surgery
- For Tom as he prepares knee replacement surgery on February 26
- For Dellaura
- For the victims of the war in Ukraine
- For Israel and Palestine, and for the victims of the war in Gaza
- For the repose of Pat Hanks
- For the needs of the members, family, and friends of our congregation, specifically The First Christian Church of Claremore/ Lillian/ Vernon/ Dellaura/ Miranda & Brayden/ Nancy S/ Velma/ Jim/ Judy/ Ani/ Aaron Blum/ Robert/ Lloyd/ Patricia/ Marie/ Russell/ Virginia/ Barbara/ Grace/ Lauren/ Cindy/ Stephen/ John/ Tom Patterson/ Jan/ Tom/ Bob & family/ Jean/ Al/ Carol W/ Mark/ Brian/ Pat/ Mark H/ Mike/ Chris/ Brady/ Patrick/ Zachary
If you have prayer requests to add to the Newsletter, email them to Clergy@stpaulsclaremore.org
Save the Dates
- Sunday, February 11 @ 9:30am – The Last Sunday after Epiphany
- Tuesday, February 13 @ 6:30pm – Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Wednesday, February 14 @ 7:00pm – Ash Wednesday service
- Sunday, February 18 – Annual Meeting and Luncheon; First Sunday of Lent
St. Paul’s Online
Check us out! Like us! Share us! Follow us!
Find us on Facebook at St Paul’s Episcopal Church | Facebook
Follow us on Instagram at St Paul’s Episcopal Church Claremore (@stpaulsclaremore) • Instagram photos and videos